Monday, December 31, 2007

Engage Life to the Fullest

I asked one of my (young and reckless) clients one "difficult question" about her living situation, which she hates. She did not come to see me for 2 weeks... Her friends told me that she said that I "make her think too hard."

That's what it is all about - honestly looking into oneself. It is a skill that is learned.

As I sat on the Ocean musing about her words, remembering when I was young and foolish and running away from "thinking too hard" and taking action, and what dire consequences I paid for that, ...

It downed on me how much I have changed - I don't run away from Life anymore. I beckon it to come, so that we can interact. Yes, there is some fear, and there is also excitement, knowing that at the end it will all be good. It is all an educational, growing experience.

What a nice New Year resolution: to ENGAGE LIFE TO THE FULLEST.

"Whatever I already am, I want to devote to life. I deliberately want life to make use of the best of what I have and who I am. ..." and so on, as the Phoenicia Pathwork lesson 138 says.