Monday, March 10, 2008

Life is wonderful when...

When we do what we love, i.e. offer ourselves in service to the Universe in a way that suits the particular us.

In my case, healing work. This weekend I was at a healing expo, and being around so many "colleagues" was very inspiring. I loved it. And I notice - I feel more refreshed, etc. Happiness brings good health...


Yes, there was some cookiness at the expo, as usual, the psycic readings, magic potions, and funky gadgets. Also, lots of bad massages. I watched therapists "massage" while looking around the room. That irks me. There is no attention on the client, just some hands half absently making movements on some body. That kind of touch is plain irritating to me. (I know, my mother used to do that to me and it bugged the hell out of me. Because of her, I am FULLY aware of what the difference is between awful touch and good touch.) Such absent minded touch feels so flakey and awful, it is a VIOLATION of personal space. How come people cannot tell? Also, I saw massages that I thought were dangerous, with heads bobbing, using some electric gadget do move the neck (violently) in a rocking, jarring motion. To me, it looks like it hurts, and I am sure it does, there is no way that a head can be jerked in such way at such speed. But again, some people cannot tell.

But then I learned from all that. I watched who goes for such massages. I watched the Japanese ladies go to the (young handsome Japanese) chiropractor for a "demo."I watched them watch him very very intently :) I watched who goes to the violent gadget massage therapist. I was totally amazed at the self satisfactory face of the therapist and all the jerky movements he made. I watched the therapist's body, totally contorted from the bad posture.

Then I came home and realized I have been watching myself :) I also can be vain and proud and am definitely not the best, most fluid healer this world has ever seen, and definitely not able to fix everything and anything. It was humbling to see myself in others, and that healed me from being judgemental and critical. I relaxed and had a great night sleep.

Labels: , ,