Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The poet talks about the poem

This is what the poet had to say about the "Sacred Hunt" poem:

I have had the distinct impression this last week of this hunt. I could actually feel that I was closing in on you. It was almost like a vision.
[Just before the poem came to me yesterday,] Your question, "What are you going to do know?" took me by surprise.
Yesterday, I had this picture in my mind of me as a hunter and that you turned to face me, open and vulnerable. This was a feeling of openness that was different than in May. This time I felt that your heart was open. The "bow and arrow" comment seemed at the time, like a cute comeback, but was inappropriate once it left my lips. The moment was so precious that I wanted to rush forward with an open heart and soul and to embrace you. It had the distinct impression of being joined together as one.

Scott L. Berry, "Little Fox"

Labels: ,