Tuesday, September 23, 2008




I was told that this billboard is in Dallas I 35 .

I got it in email, where you can see that the message changes every 2 to 3 seconds. I don't know how to make it happen in the blog, sorry :(
It is a lot more amusing to see it on the billboard, changing slowly :)
The other messages, all signed by God, are:
We need to talk.
What part of "Thou Shalt Not" didn't you understand?
C'mon over and bring the kids.
Do you have any idea where you are going?
You think it's hot here?
Need directions?
My way is the highway.
Big bang theory? You got to be kidding.
Follow me.
I love you and you and you...
That "love thy neighbor" thing I meant it.
Tell the kids I love them.
Don't make me come down there.
Let's meet at my house Sunday before the game.
Loved the wedding, invite me to the marriage.
Keep using my name in vain, I'll make rush hour longer.
Will the road you are on get you to my place?
Have you read my #1 bestseller? There will be a test.
=========
What struck me is how someone used plain everyday English and the concepts we all understood to explain something rather difficult. Also, some of the concepts are very ... churchian and dogmatic and fear based, like #1 bestseller and the test, don't make me come down there, etc.
It is amazing how much dogma can be expressed in such plain simple English, because of how ingrained all those fear concepts are in our lives.
And also how much we can express some higher concepts, like "I really meant love thy neighbor", and "do you know where you are going" and "I love you".
IT IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR A MORTAL HUMAN BEING TO SORT OUT WHICH IS WHICH, AND TO BE ABLE TO TELL THAT SOMETHING IS FISHY ABOUT PUSHING BESTSELLER #1 AND THAT SOMETHING IS TRULY PROFOUND ABOUT LOVING ONE'S NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF.
Most people do not have the ability to realize that something can be good and bad at the same time, useful and detrimental. It is either labeled 100% good, or 100% bad. It makes things easier, I suppose? It shows the lack of something higher in the person.