Friday, October 17, 2008

neck massage

You know that a chiropractor yanked my neck, right? So ever since then I have been a neck expert.

Today I had a taste of something wonderful, how our body is connected-

my neck was feeling tight, after all week of working, teaching, driving, etc etc. I was in the dance class, which is in a big room with mirrors and ballet- style bars all around the room.

So I put my leg up on the bar, like ballerinas do, and stretched my leg. The back of the tigh, the hamstring, was all knotted and short. I stretched it and massaged it. Then the other leg - way easier. Then I repeated on the first leg.

Then something gave away - I cannot describe it otherwise but to say that something stretched out and my neck all of the sudden became comfortable. I felt like I was in a crinkled bodysuit and suddenly it got ironed out and it became comfortable again. My head cleared up, I wasn't tired anymore, I was just feeling so light and so happy, so relieved, so free.

The power of bodywork.

Labels: ,